Monday, July 18, 2011

The Glad Life



“THE WORLD is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”

Robert Louis Stevenson shares this in his poem, “Happy Thought.” I learned of it a few years ago when I was teaching a group of kindergarten students in a Charlotte Mason school. I awoke this morning to the sunshine and the birds chirping and this poem flowed into my heart.

That is a picture of living “The Glad Life.”

Charlotte Mason wrote in her last book, “An Essay Towards a Philosophy of Education” that “It may be that the souls of all children are waiting for the call of knowledge to awaken them to delightful living.” I think this is true of all humans; we are all waiting to be awakened to delightful living.

For me, God is the giver of these good gifts. I’m not always “glad,” but I’m on this journey of gratefulness that is leading me to a life of joy. I would love your company.

Blessings to you, dear reader, today and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment