Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mindfulness

Mindfulness: A state of active, open attention on the present.
From Psychology Today  


The idea of being awake and aware in the very heartbeats of life is calling me. Right now, as I hear the fan blowing and the bird singing, I sense the light from the window to my right drawing me.  It illuminates the room and beckons me to come outside, into the clearness of the day.  Can I become this person, who is alive in the now-ness of life?  I feel the presence of the Lord in this drawing, He who is ever mindful of us:



In Psalm 8:4, King David asks, "What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?"

That God thinks of us...always, that He is the "I AM" and not the "I WAS" or the "I WILL BE."   

I shall try, for this moment, for this hour, for this day, to be "awake and aware," to be mindful of the day, of my own heartbeat, of the glory and truth of this "God With Us" season of joy.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.  John 1:14


No comments:

Post a Comment